This excellent article by Susan Rich provides insights and tips on how to best present your chapbook to presses and contests. The article includes ten well-described tips from her personal editing experience, including:
- Persistence. Persistence. Persistence.
- Follow the Rules
- Create a Theme that Provides Coherence
- Ordering your Manuscript is an Art
- Know the Press Before You Press Send
- Think about a Book Doctor or Outside Editor
- Keep Track of Your Expenses; Start a Poetry Account
- Research, Research, Research
- Think About Publishing Creatively
- Don’t Get Discouraged!
Susan Rich is the author of four collections of poetry, most recently, Cloud Pharmacy and The Alchemist’s Kitchen, which was a Finalist for the Foreword Prize and the Washington State Book Award. Her other books include Cures Include Travel (2006) and The Cartographer’s Tongue / Poems of the World
View original post 116 more words